Sunday 1 April 2018

Jewelry designer Pops an art storm

If you’re a girl who considers diamonds your very best buddies, you might have come across one of two Vero trunk indicates that took place in Manila and Cebu last month.

Vero, the Cebu-based nice jewelry line made by Gladys Young, introduced its 2017 Holiday Collection dubbed “Art Storm by Vero” in The City Club in Makati and Anzani Prime in Cebu. “It is my favourite collection so far,” says Gladys, or G, as she’s known for many.

That it’s G’s favored among the numerous collections she is placed together in her 14-year profession as a jewellery designer isn’t surprising. “Art Storm,” true to its name, is a marriage of dichotomies, maybe not as herself –delicate and bold, artistic yet hard as nails. Among those bits G is partial to is that a pendant she predicts “Powerhouse,” set in 14k gold with one olive green diamond. “It reflects both the strength and elegance,” G says. Really it will with its subjective type resembling a mermaid with wings, both hands on hips, in a sassy energy present.

When asked who her muses are, G says she’s inspired by bold women who do not play safe. The developer knows a thing or two about taking risks. “I worked for our loved ones chain before I started designing jewellery,” she says. “Originally my family against my decision to pursue jewellery design as it demanded too much risk and took a great deal of funds, but I took it as a challenge, rather than a deterrent, to push forward.”

Like most designers, G didn’t have any formal instruction. “I ended inside layout in the University of San Carlos-Technological Center. It really had no significance to jewellery style, but I guess it taught me the way to do scaled layouts, as every sketch I create is drawn to scale. Additionally, I learned the principle of restraint and attention to detail.   At the end of the day, if you’re excited enough, enjoy what you do, and follow along with you excel,” she says.

Artistic pursuits were common in her family so that it was unavoidable that G would find herself into a creative field. Both her grandmothers made and traded jewelry during their time. “My mother also enjoys playing around with colors, which has obviously influenced my work. My brother, who’s an architect, stocks my attachment to geometric shapes and asymmetrical details,” she adds.

Her fondness for asymmetry is the most obvious in “Scar Face,” a set of earrings that are asymmetrical, inspired by Egyptian art and embellished with olive green diamonds. Art is a constant source of inspiration for jazz, especially Art Deco and Contemporary Art, as is true with “Beyond Borders,” a set of earrings set in 14k solid gold decorated with black diamonds which was inspired by a Lao Lianben painting.

The same subtle but diverse layers and textures which you view in a Lianben piece are evident in “Beyond Borders.” It is no wonder that, as says, “It takes us a mean of one to two months to finish a piece, but the longest was three weeks.”

When she is not designing jewellery for clients or friends, G is in what she calls her second home, the gym. A quick look at her Instagram indicates a fitness buff who’s always training, and also abs to show for it also. “I love being in my own kitchen whipping up healthy vegetarian dishes. In addition, I earn a good deal of power bowls and Buddha bowls.”

Her times are a juggling act between a career and motherhood. “I’m a catalyst for my 14-year-old girl, Chloe. In addition, I enjoy doing charity work, like feeding and outreach applications in distant regions in the north and south of Cebu. I started that a Facebook page named One Love PH composed of a small set of friends and volunteers who share the Identical passion.     For over 10 decades now, a part of the sales from Vero is allocated to my efforts. Like my jewellery, I really do everything with enthusiasm.”

Visit www.veroconcept.com; visit www.facebook.com/ VEROfinejewellery; trace @verofinejewellery on Instagram

Register to INQUIRER PLUS to find entry to Your Daily Inquirer and also other 70+ names, share up to five gadgets, listen to the information, download as early as 4am & share articles on social networking. Call 896 6000.



source http://www.free-stock-photos.info/jewelry-designer-pops-an-art-storm/

No comments:

Post a Comment